A brain stroke occurs when the blood supply to any part of your brain is disrupted. Brain cells die within minutes if blood oxygen levels are low. The patient may suffer partial or complete paralysis based on the severity of the stroke and the region of the brain affected Whenever an individual suffers from a brain stroke; he must be immediately admitted to the hospital and given emergency care. A Brain Specialist in Mumbai will attend to the case and provide the necessary treatment based on the condition of the brain stroke patient. In most cases, DBS surgery might be the only option to save the patient. Let’s discuss more information about brain stroke and available advanced treatment options.
A stroke arrives when the blood supply to the brain is interrupted or reduced because of a blockage or leak in the blood arteries. When this occurs, the brain’s cells deteriorate because it is not getting enough nourishment or oxygen.
Cerebrovascular disease is referred to generally as stroke. It shows that it impacts the blood arteries that carry oxygen to the brain. Clots could begin if the brain does not get enough oxygen.
A medical emergency has occurred. While some cases of the brain stroke are minor and can be cured through treatment and surgery, other cases can be fatal, leading to death. Hence emergency medical care is compulsory to increase the chances of survival and full recovery.
Types of Brain Stroke
1. A stroke with ischemia: The most typical kind of stroke is this one. The arteries supplying blood to the brain compress or get blocked during an ischemic stroke. Blood clots or decreased blood flow are the leading causes of these obstructions. Plaque fragments may also bring them on, forming a blood vessel after breaking off because of atherosclerosis.
2. Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a cerebral artery bursts or releases blood. The blood from that artery increases the pressure inside the skull and causes the brain to expand, harming the tissues and cells in the brain.
3. Transient Ischemic Attack: A ministroke is referred to as a TIA. It appears when there is a temporary blockage of blood flow to the brain. Although its signs resemble a complete stroke, they usually go away within a few minutes or hours. A blood clot causes a TIA. However, it frequently indicates the impending occurrence of a full stroke. Thus, it shouldn’t be disregarded.
The problem with silent strokes is that they either don’t cause any symptoms, or the patient doesn’t recall having them because of the damage they caused. The absence of symptoms makes it challenging to prepare for this threat truly. Such strokes frequently go undetected until one of two things happens:
1) The damage is done, and the aftereffects notify loved ones that a stroke occurred, or
2) The damage (if any) was modest but was revealed in a later brain scan.
Minor memory issues are the most common late-stage symptoms of a soft stroke, though patients may require further assistance moving around. Making sure that high blood pressure is controlled (as it increases your risk of having a stroke) and maintaining a healthy lifestyle to enhance blood flow are the most significant ways to stop this almost invisible threat.
A blessing in disguise for the brain stroke condition is that there are several alternatives today for reperfusion therapy, such as intravenous thrombolysis, which can be safely administered within 4.5 hours of the disappearance of stroke symptoms. Additionally, newer, more effective stroke treatments, like mechanical thrombectomy, are available and can be chosen within 24 hours of a stroke’s commencement.
Most strokes are preventable, and by recognizing the warning signs and symptoms early on, one may avoid or reduce disability.
Think about taking measures like:
- Keeping up a healthy lifestyle: Most stroke risk factors, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol, can be controlled by eating heart-healthy foods and exercising regularly. It can also decrease stroke risk by quitting smoking and consuming alcohol in moderation.
- Managing medical conditions –People with high blood pressure or cholesterol can lower their stroke risk by receiving therapy from their healthcare providers. Controlling blood sugar levels is crucial for people with diabetes to prevent the brain and other organs’ blood vessels from being harmed.
- Understanding the signs: The sooner someone receives treatment after a stroke, the more likely they will recover without suffering long-term damage. To avoid disability or death, it is crucial to recognize the signs and symptoms of a stroke as soon as possible. Patients should visit an emergency room within three hours of experiencing their initial symptoms and get immediate treatment from a brain specialist in Mumbai.
Each patient’s stroke condition is distinct in impact and location. Therefore, every patient requires a different recovery strategy, which doctors must develop based on the patient’s age, the clot’s site, and the damage’s severity. The patient must be treated by a Brain Specialist in Mumbai for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes. Depending on the patient’s needs, specialists such as neurologists, general medicine experts, and psychiatrists handle the recovery management of brain stroke patients
What are the treatment options available for stroke?
A blood clot (ischemic stroke) or bleeding into the brain (hemorrhagic stroke) requires different types of treatment. Emergency treatment of stroke depends on whether you have an ischemic stroke, which involves an artery block, or a hemorrhagic stroke, which involves bleeding into the brain. A Brain Specialist in Mumbai usually treats ischemic strokes with medications that break down clots. For example, if you go to a hospital 3 hours after your first symptoms of an ischemic stroke, you can be given a type of medication called thrombolytic (clot-busting drugs) to break down the clots.
A Brain Specialist in Mumbai can also treat an ischemic stroke with other medicines, like blood thinners and surgery to get rid of a clot. To treat an ischemic stroke, doctors need to quickly restore blood flow to the brain. Ischemic strokes are treated by clearing blockages and returning blood flow to the brain.
You must seek treatment if you see any of the symptoms discussed above for yourself and your loved ones. The longer your brain cells go without oxygen, the more likely your entire body will suffer long-term damage. Therefore, your chances of surviving and leading a normal life increase only if you seek immediate medical care when a stroke occurs. A Brain Specialist in Mumbai will be a savior if you have suffered a stroke, God forbid, and getting advanced treatments may increase your chances of full recovery.
Read More Informational blogs: